Windows 8, the new desktop operating system from Microsoft, has introduced a new interface to better fit the new solutions with the touch screen. Through the Win8 Controller app for Windows Phone can use this interface in a convenient and immediately checking your computer with Windows 8 installed.
The Win8 Controller free apps support many of the features of Windows 8 as various multitouch gestures, swipe and virtual keyboard. For the application to communicate with our PC we need to install an app server on your PC downloadable for free at this link.
The following are the features that you can read in the Store of this first version:
- Multitouch gestures (pinch, stretch, swipe, rotate)
- Natural Scrolling Experience (Scroll horizontally and vertically as you scroll on a tablet)
- Use as a mouse (move, left / right / middle / double click, drag)
- Side gestures (swipe from left / right / bottom / top to switch to next open app, show charms, show options app, close app respectively)
- Tiles Screen (A screen tiles including most needed shortcuts like show start, show desktop, open the computer and much more)
- Power Options (Shut down, restart, hibernate, sleep, lock, log off your computer with one tap)
- Volume Control (Win8 Controller has a volume controller by which you can adjust / mute / unmute your computer’s volume from your phone)
- Virtual Keyboard (Type text by using your Windows Phone’s keyboard)
- Easily go back / forward (Tilt your phone left / right to go back / forward in your favorite web browser or file explorer)
- Four (or five) fingers pinch (start screen easily to reveal)
- Quick Connect feature
Read also: Keyglove, the glove with built-in keyboard and mouse
If interested, find the Win8 Controller app in Windows Phone Store available for free trial.